Valley Villas is one of the largest solar electric systems in Montana. It has many unique features, three separate buildings, 34 apartment units, with two laundry rooms. SBS Solar used all SolarWorld 325 modules and Fronius inverters.
The developer and architect on the project kept their eye on efficiency.
- Air source heat pumps for heating and cooling
- All energy efficient appliances
- High performance insulation in the ceiling and walls
- LED lighting indoors and out
- High-E windows and doors
- All 17 lower level units also incorporate handicapped accessible design features
- Energy efficient washers and dryers in each laundry room
- And of course individually Net Metered photovoltaic systems to help with energy costs
This landmark installation offers efficient affordable housing units that are a model for the affordable housing industry.